Monday, May 16, 2011

Princess...not all it's cracked up to be

I just finished watching the Oprah episode with Sarah Ferguson that aired last week...wow!...that woman has been through a lot.  In her own words... "I had it all, and I blew it all."  I did not know that her mom left her when she was 12 yrs old....what a tough age to be abandoned by your mother.  I have always been annoyed with Fergie and wished she would just be the princess that we all want to be....until I saw this interview.  She has made many mistakes, but she is human and regrets all of them.  I def saw her in a different light tonight.

So this brings me to a subject I've been wanting to write about, but been having a hard time to put into words.  I've been doing a lot of my own soul searching and finding my place in this world as a momma and a wife.  A little bit of therapy, some time just taking a big deep breath, yes...a little medication, and a lot of running has helped me get further in my search.  And I feel like I have come a long way.  And not just in getting through this spell of post-baby blues or whatever it was...but in getting to know myself.  And that's why I loved the Sarah Ferguson interview...she said that she is trying to find herself...not the Duchess of York...or Pork...or the "Fergie"...but getting to know Sarah...as herself. 

We all have our demons to overcome....even if you do marry a prince and live in Buckingham Palace.  I have a wonderful life with a gorgeous, loving husband...two beautiful children....and a lovely home that I adore.  But I still want to continue this journey of finding who Steph is...and I am def going in the right direction as I am learning more about myself every single day.....and this is the reason why I named this blog....My Life as Steph.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post! It's a lifelong journey of figuring out just who we are, isn't it? I am finally in a place where I feel confident in who I am and the direction of my life - but then again, life is always changing, and I know as the girls grow my role will change too. I will be praying for you as you are on this journey! And just in case ya didn't know - I love the person that you are! =)

    ReplyDelete