Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Big Fat Greek Sunday

I pulled up my blog page tonight..not sure if I was gonna write anything or not...but felt like if I had it up then I might want to...if the mood struck.  I was just about to shut it down, when my daughter saw it up and said "Mom, what are you gonna write about tonight?  Are you gonna write about our carnival rides too?" 

Earlier today, we took an impromptu drive down to the Greek festival in Bridgeport...we had nothing for lunch and I am always a sucker for Greek food...so I convinced my hubby to interrupt our normal lazy Sunday to leave our home..for just an hour.  We all enjoyed a yummy lunch and then we decided to check out the carnival rides.  Jos and I rode the "Scrambler" and some other flying ride that I don't know the name of.  At some point during the flying ride...my daughter says to me.."I'm def going to write about this in my weekend news!"  Her school teacher has them write about their weekend events on every Monday...I was so shocked/happy that she wanted to write about this because she had a very fun filled weekend....from her new haircut on Friday afternoon...pizza party that same evening...our always fun "Victoria Day" on Saturday....trust me....there was a LOT for her to write about.  But there she said it, in the middle of our insane giggling...when we were trying to spin the ride as fast as we could! 

So...of course, then I had to write my blog about it too.  So funny how a quick hour of your life can be so powerful to your children and to yourself.  Owen just stared at us with this look of like "what the hell are you two doing!"  while in the safety of his father's arms.  But to see his face with that expression was priceless.  I am so thrilled we went down on a whim to basically get a yummy lunch and it ended up turning into a very memorable experience! 

1 comment:

  1. yay! those are the things are kids will remember the most! =)

    ReplyDelete